Goals are hard, dreams are difficult. If you want things to happen, you have to work for it. So often I make goals for myself. And just as often, I fail reaching those goals. Accountability is hard to find and I decided that the best way to do this for myself is to be 100% transparent about my goals right here. Which is why I am posting my January goals update.
I set myself up with several ways to track my progress. This helps me a lot for self accountability. But sometimes you just need someone else to look at it and say, “Hey, what you doing, what happened to <xyz>??” It’s also great motivation to me knowing that if I just put it up for all to see, that I have to work on my goals and show that I am keeping up with them. No excuses!
January Goals Update
- Diet: I did start back on keto. However, being weak and making too many excuses, I promptly fell off the Keto train. I just finished my calendar for February and have my meal plans back on track to get back on the Keto train.
- Exercise: I have not made it to 3 days lifting and at least 2 days cardio. I am averaging about 2 days lifting and 2 days cardio. Not quite where I want to be, but it’s a serious improvement over December.
- Meal Budget: Surprisingly, I was able to stay on budget. Actually, I ended up $33 under budget. I was very excited about that. Maybe next month I’ll shoot for $50 savings on my budget.
- Dividend Income Increase: My official goal for the year is $500 in dividend income. After a sale of an old stock and investment in a new stock, I am only $20 from this goal. I may have to up this goal.
- Blog Consistency: I started the month off on a great start. My posts were going up as frequently as I wanted. Then I hit a huge snag with my hosting provider. I ran out of space. If you’ve never run your own site, let me give you this one piece of advice. Invest in a hosting service that gives you tons of space to store your site content. Ugh, what a pain. But I am back now and back on track with my posting!
- Finish First Draft: Last year, I spent a month entering writing contests for short stories. Although they were super rushed stories, I had one that I absolutely fell in love with. This one story sparked an idea for two whole books. So my goal was to finish the first draft of book one (which was easy because I had about half of it completed already.)
- Housekeeping: This is not one of my strong suits… at all. I have set myself a schedule for deep cleaning every room in my house at least once a month. My schedule is posted on my dry erase calendar that also has the meal plan for the month as well as any important activities for my family. This has helped a lot as I have manage to keep up with all my housekeeping duties this month.
- Sewing: My first goal is to finish a sewing project by the middle of February. Unfortunately, I haven’t made any progress on this month. (Yes, there’s still a few days left in January, but my outlook on this is not positive at this point.)
- Reading: One new book a month. Again, I have slacked on this and not touched a single book. Which I really need to do to start my next writing project.
- Homeschool: I wanted to restart my “homeschool” with little C this month. But I’ve been making excuses with getting into new habits with this new schedule and getting back into the routine with regular school that this hasn’t happened either.
Overall, I’d say my January Goals Update is about 60% successful. With only a few more days left in the month, I have some significant time to up this percentage to roughly 80%. The challenge is on and I am accepting.
How are your 2018 goals progressing? Any luck? Failures? Changes? Share with me in the comments!