The end of this month has seriously snuck up on me. The school year has ended and with it came lots of end of school craziness. (All of which I have loved!) Before I knew it, it’s Memorial Day weekend and I am sitting here realizing that May is basically over. And in this reflection I realized that it’s time for a May Goals Update post. I decided to squeeze it in just before May officially ends as another day won’t affect the results I need to post.
And I have to say that I was not ready for this month to end at all. This school year has been so great for C. His teachers this year were amazing. I could not have asked for better teachers. Now, if only they’d switch with the 4-year old teachers for one year, our preschool experience would be nearly perfect! (Ok, I’m sure his new teachers will be great next year too, but I really, really liked his 3-year old teachers.) And with that nice sentiment, let’s move on to the update.
May Goals Update
- Diet: If you follow along with my Meal Plan posts, you’ll know that I started fasting this month. At first, it was a bit difficult. But now, every time I start a fast, it gets easier and easier. And my energy levels seem to do a lot better when I fast and my body adapts back to fat for an energy source. I haven’t been sticking strict to keto when I do eat, but I plan to work my way back to that over the summer.
- Exercise: This was going great! Until I tore something in my chest by pushing a little too hard on some bench lifts. I haven’t been able to get to the gym since. However, I have been spending more time outside with C doing some walking and lifting of him, and I’ve been using those as my workouts.
- Meal Budget: Fasting makes this so much better. Plus now I can reduce the budget to account for fasting!
- Dividend Income Increase: I haven’t really increased this yet. However, I have moved some of my investments around to make this a reality soon.
- Blog Consistently: I have really gotten back on track this month, which is great. I even have myself set up for more success and look forward to this goal being met from month to month.
- Write a Book: My plan is to still do NaNoWriMo. But I have not started planning this book out yet.
- Publish a Book: I have looked at my draft of my children’s book but have not made any edits yet. June is now my goal to get my final edits done for this.
- Housekeeping: I have been keeping up with about half of this. There are a few chores that I have been neglecting. But summer is here and I don’t have to deal with crazy preschool schedules anymore. I can work cleaning time into homeschool time and we’ll be great.
- Sewing: I haven’t started anything yet. I still want to finish my first quilt by summer’s end.
- Reading: Unfortunately, in all the end of school madness, I haven’t even thought about reading a book.
- Cooking: Some of my cooking goals have kind of been put on hold during some of this fasting. When Mr. H stops springing “let’s do a long fast” on me, I’ll get back to these.
- Homeschool: I finally got our summer school plans created. It only took the end of preschool for me to get my butt gear and make this happen. I have also made plans to do one of our school sessions at the park and invited his classmates to join us. I thought it would be an easy way to make a no-pressure standing playdate for the summer. (Hopefully someone will show up sometime!)
This was another good month. The goals that didn’t hit are really a time issue. And with school out now, they should be easier to work towards. And the goals that I did meet, were excellent. This is really energizing me for June and inspiring me to push forward.