Thanksgiving is only a week away! I can’t believe it’s already time to chow down on all that delicious food. I have only prepared a handful of Thanksgiving meals myself, but I do have favorites that I like on my Thanksgiving Menu.
This year, we’ll be heading to Mr. H’s parents’ house for Thanksgiving dinner. His mom puts on an excellent spread and I’m excited to share this day of thanks with them. I can’t wait until we finally buy a house some day and we can return the generosity by hosting Thanksgiving ourselves.
If I were going to make our Thanksgiving Menu, I have some dishes that I absolutely must have and Mr. H has one or two that he must have. I think, in the past, I’ve done a pretty good job at combining our musts into one cohesive list.
- Turkey: Our family is small so I end up just getting one of those little breasts and using the rotisserie to cook it.
- Green Bean Casserole: I used to hate this but have grown to love it. A nice healthy vegetable and a crunchy topping, yum yum!
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy: Not much to say about it. Although, I also like to substitute cheesy hash-browns for this too (if I’m just cooking for myself.)
- Sweet Potatoes: A very small portion because Mr. H is the only one who likes them.
- Stuffing: Stove Top, from the box. We love it, and I haven’t ventured into making my own from scratch… yet!
- Rolls: Homemade. With butter. Doesn’t get much better.
- Pumpkin Pie: My Thanksgiving is not complete until I have a slice (or ten) of pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. Yum!